Nursery Road Elementary School
Nursery Road Elementary School, which opened in 1980, has received the Palmetto Gold Award for academics. The school uses a variety of methods to engage students in learning, including SmartBoards and LeapFrog Schoolhouse literacy programs. Located in a suburban community off Lake Murray Boulevard, Nursery Road is committed to being a green school and is a member of the S.C. Green Steps Program for Environmental Education.
- Fax: 803-476-4320
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:15am - 2:44pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is handicapped parking and the sidewalk is level with the ground near entrances.
- Founding Date: 1980
- Number of students: 520
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: Many activities are available, including art, music and JROTC.
- Student clubs: Math Team, Book Club and more